Our link with Hastings, Sierra Leone is a long standing one. Our school and local community helped fund raise and actually built the current school building back in 2008!
The aims of our partnership continue to be:
- To develop areas of both school’s curriculum so that learners can learn from each other.
- To explore mutual professional development in Global Awareness for our teachers.
- To further develop sustainable Global Curriculum Projects.
- To develop Global Awareness across our two communities.
- Explore a range of new approaches to support learners to become more open to difference, overcome cross-cultural misunderstandings, identify and challenge racist attitudes and therefore be more able to build relationships based on equity and trust.
Increase confidence to explore attitudes and experiences within your school community and understand how to create open spaces for dialogue and critical thinking.